6 vegan food hacks that will change your life
Whether you aim to eat more plant-based food for your health, the environment or the animals, supermarkets have more and more vegan products than ever. That said, having a few vegan food hacks up your sleeve never hurts.
- 1. Use aquafaba instead of egg whites – This is the gooey liquid in a can of chickpeas, this is magic for baking. Whip it up with an electric mixer and you have a healthy substitute for egg whites. You won’t taste the chickpeas at all!
- 2. Blend frozen bananas for a healthy ice cream – Keep peeled ripe bananes in the freezer. Blend them and you’ve got banana soft serve. From that, you can make as many ice cream flavour as possible!
- 3. Use flaxseeds, chia seeds, banana, applesauce or nut butter instead of eggs in baking – You can replace one egg with one tablespoon of ground flaxseeds and three tablespoons of water. Banana, applause and nut butter also make a tasty and healthy egg alternatives.
- 4. Use nutritional yeast for your cheese cravings – If you have not discovered nutritional yeast yet, you need to. This is the most amazing magical powder that you can add to sauces to give them a very cheesy flavour.
- 5. Swap butter for avocado – In baking you can swap out the butter for avocado. Indeed, the fat content ad texture makes it the perfect ingredient alternative. Then, on a daily basis, eating avocado on toast is way tastier than butter, isn’t it?
- 6. Use coconut milk for whipped cream – Empty a tin of delicious coconut milk into a container, leave to set in the fridge overnight, then whip!
Looking for more tips on a plant-based diet? Check out here! Do you have any food hacks that we didn’t share in this article? Then, comment! 🙂