- – Wash, peel and dice sweet potatoes, then steam them in a large pot for 20-30 minutes or until fork soft.
- – Dice onion and mince garlic. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and garlic (top w/sea salt) for about 8 minutes.
- – When onions are tender, reduce heat and add cumin, paprika, chili powder, nutritional yeast, and garden strips, cook for 5-7 minutes to get a good sear on the strips.
- – Add the black beans and sweet potatoes. Stir well. Heat for 4-5 minutes then set aside.
To make cashew cream:
- – In a food processor blend, garlic, cilantro, and spinach until smooth. Add soaked cashews and blend in a food processor until smooth. Add sea salt, and a squeeze of lime and lime zest.
To make enchilada sauce:
- – In a bowl combine the flour with seasoning. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tomato paste and sliced chilis in adobo sauce, blend with a whisk and cook for 2 minutes.
- – Add the flour mixture and cook for 2 minutes, continue whisking and gradually stir in the vegetable broth, consistently continue to whisk to remove lumps. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until thick.
- – Preheat oven to180°C. In a glass dish cover the bottom with a layer of enchilada sauce (use about 1/3 of the sauce).
- – Lay out tortillas and distribute beans, chick’n, and sweet potato mixture in the center of tortillas. Roll up, tucking in both ends or simply wrap them like mine if you use small tortillas. and use toothpicks to keep the wrap together while it bakes.
- – Place in baking dish and top with remaining enchilada sauce and bake for about 25 minutes. Serve with fresh cilantro, avocado, and cilantro cashew cream.